Friday, March 9, 2012

Preaching to the Choir

I took some time to digest the Barack Obama/Derrick Bell videos that were released on Wednesday night.  Earlier in the day I had watched the edited Buzzfeed video and was intrigued by the jump cut at the end.  Once it was announced they would run the unedited video on Hannity that night, I made sure to clear the calendar.

Honestly I was a little deflated in my initial reaction.  How could I not be? It was hyped all day that the early scoop by Buzzfeed was heavily edited.  It was promised that the full entire unedited dance remix version would be broadcast on Hannity.  So when I saw it and it was only about 20 seconds of extra footage that included a hug, I was let down.  However, I did find that the additional footage of Charles Olgetree joking about keeping the footage a secret in 2008 was compelling.  In the end, I left the TV feeling slightly unfulfilled.

All my doubts disappeared when I saw the Soledad O'Brien interview with Joel Pollak on CNN.  Soledad was condescending from the beginning, but Joel kept his cool and caught her in more than a few misrepresentations, and wouldn't let her push her view of it being a non story.  Then of course there was asshat Jay Thomas who pulled the race card right away without knowing a thing about Joel.  I still wonder if Joel should have sucker punched the moron with the facts about his wife.

It's always concerning when you realize you have been played by outside forces.  I realized that I had been manipulated to expect a "bombshell".  So when the video didn't reveal Barack Obama as the second shooter on the grassy knoll, I was let down.  They had played their game on me, and I had fallen for it. 

It's obvious now that vetting this President probably won't bring me any new shockers.  I am, as are most on the conservative side, aware of who he hung around with and what his ideology is based in.  So when I see a new story about a new radical he embraced it doesn't have a huge impact on me.  But what the Breitbart sites are doing with this vetting isn't just for me.  It's for some of those independents out there that didn't get their current President vetted in 2008.  It's for those people that have heard the names Wright and Ayers but chose to buy Obama's excuse of not really knowing those colorful characters.  The Big sites are doing what the media and our candidate refused to do in 2008.  They are showing us just who is occupying our White House.  The legacy that was left behind by Andrew Breitbart is in good hands, and I'm looking forward to the next round.




No comments:

Post a Comment