Saturday, March 3, 2012

The Beginning that sarted with The End

Image from I Own The World











What a crazy week.  Where to even start.  I was literally woken up on Thursday morning with the news of Andrew Breitbart’s death.  Immediate denial.  Some sort of bad joke, or internet hoax.  I went into immediate data mining mode, jumping from site to site to get confirmation.  It was true.  Confirmed all over the internet. 

I just started this blog a little over a week ago.  On Monday I posted a humor piece about my man crush on Andrew.  There’s no man crush anymore....just sadness.  Wednesday Davey Jones died, and I had a few fleeting nostalgic moments....watching The Monkees in reruns at my Grandparents, or leafing through old Monkees albums at the thrift store as a child.  I had a few laughs with my memories.  But Andrew Breitbart.  I was distracted all day.  I am genuinely sad. 

It’s so odd to think of this years important election without the voice of that larger than life man.  The right won’t have it’s merry prankster standing in the wings just waiting to throw a monkey wrench into the establishment medias narrative.  The left won’t have their favorite kicking boy who pushed himself to the front of their line.  This year is going to lack a little of the danger, courtesy Mr. Breitbart, that made it fun. 

I wanted to honor a man that had such an impact on me, and breathed such life into the conservative movement.  So I thought what better way than to take up the cause publicly.  I “came out” on my Facebook page and let my friends know about my secret conservative side.  It felt good.  It felt like the beginning of something new.  It felt like I’m doing my own little part to keep the message and his work going.

It's time to follow his lead....

No comments:

Post a Comment