Monday, February 20, 2012

Introduction

So here I sit in the middle of a blue state, in a very blue city, surrounded by blue neighbors.  That's why I chose the title for this blog.  I'm scared for my life!  OK, maybe not that bad, but I certainly don't let too many people know about my deep dark secret...I consider myself a conservative.  Most of the people I know would not suspect it.  In fact, my neighbors and friends would probably be horrified by it. 

I live in Seattle.  For those that don't know, Seattle is a city that wants to be San Francisco when it grows up.   In Seattle we like our coffee, protests, beer, social engineering, music, liberal politics, art, and political correctness.  If you have seen the IFC show Portlandia, then you are getting a pretty good picture of Seattle.  Just a little north.  I actually love my city, and have lived here my entire life.  It makes me crazy on a daily basis, but it's beauty and quirkiness keep me here. 

I find it funny most people don't know my political persuasion.  I guess I don't really look the part.  I have tattoos, can't stand to wear suits, and have been known to swear, drink, and other assorted sinning.  But that is just it isn't it?  It's not really necessary to wear your politics on your sleeve, is it?  I guess I find it a little insensitive to spout your politics wherever you please.  Of course....looking at the state of things, maybe now is the time to spout off. 

So spout I shall.   I will provide observations, links to articles, and just general thoughts on the state of things.  All on the road to Election 2012....

Should be a hell of a ride...

No comments:

Post a Comment